Did you hear? The Indianapolis Indians and Big Brothers Big Sisters are teaming up to make The Big Pitch— helping provide mentorship, leadership and friendship to Littles who are seeking everyday guidance– even in a virtual setting.
Eric Cervantes, Manager, Volunteer Outreach and Engagement, tells us more:
- The Indianapolis Indians and Big Brothers Big Sisters are teaming up to make The Big Pitch!
- The Indianapolis Indians and BBBSCI have teamed up every spring since 2014 to recruit volunteers and raise awareness.
- This year, The Big Pitch will focus specifically on recruiting Bigs to reach youth (“Littles”) who reside on the eastside of Indianapolis, where BBBSCI has the highest number of youth waiting for mentoring relationships. There are currently 350 Littles from 15 eastside zip codes waiting for Bigs, and BBBSCI will work with eastside companies, organizations, and partners to execute a virtual campaign to reach more volunteers.
- Given COVID-19, the recruitment efforts have moved to online. The Big Pitch will utilize targeted social media advertising, a social media campaign, and other grassroots efforts to raise awareness. BBBSCI is offering special incentives and giveaways throughout June to encourage participation from the community.
- Given the current situation, many kids are separated from important supports like teachers and school, coaches and sports, family and friends, and other programs and resources. But, we can still connect them with mentors to encourage them through technology and socially distanced visits. In fact, 41 kids have met their mentors for the first time virtually over the last two months!
To learn more, visit: