With it being summer barbecue season, everyone should be equipped and ready to make the essential side dish, potato salad.
Erika Schlick, health coach, blogger and author of the cookbook Wandering Palate joined us today to show us how to make her Paleo Potato Salad recipe.
In her cookbook, she has several healthy recipes to make while you have some extra time at home and are looking for simple and healthy meals to prepare. Here’s more from her:
Nothing says a summer BBQ like potato salad. The problem is that most potato salad is filled with terrible ingredients and awful oils instead of nutrient-dense foods. Fortunately, it’s fairly easy to make your own healthy version with my simple recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
1. Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender. Drain the potatoes, pat dry, put in a large bowl and allow to cool completely before using. You can even put them in the fridge to cool.
2. Hard boil the eggs. Once cooked, run under cold water to cool. Once the eggs are cooled, peel and dice them.
3. In a bowl, stir the mustard with the mayo and salt until combined.
4. Stir the mayo mixture, eggs, celery and olives into the potatoes until combined.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Wandering Palate has a collection of 28 days of travel-inspired healthy Paleo meals that help keep her in remission from Lyme disease and multiple autoimmune conditions. The book is a collection of recipes that helped her heal and now she is joining us from her home in Los Angeles to show us how we should be cooking to stay safe and healthy at home.
Wandering Palate is currently shipping and available on her website and Amazon: