Toys can be colorful and fun for little ones, but they can also promote learning and growth at all ages of development.
Teneen Dobbs, Owner, Kits & Kaboodle, shows us more:
1. Developmental stages for the 1st 6 months of Life
• Learning to focus
• Choose toys with a startling contrast for creating a line of vision
• Early playthings provide a meaningful link between the baby and her environment & contribute to the early learning process
• Choose toys good for looking, listening, feeling and babies investigate, discover and learn
• Soft, cuddly toys can assist in maintaining a sense of calm, warmth, and security
2. Toys Lines perfect for new baby to 6/12 months
• Corolle – 1st baby
• Skwish – Manhattan Baby
• Vulli – Sofie Giraffe Teether
• Animal Blankets – Steiff
• Nogginstik & NogginSeek – Indiana connection by Smartnoggin
3. Developmental stages for 6-12 Months Old
• Eye-hand coordination is beginning to develop
• Beginning to sit crawl & teethe
• Sitters enjoy filling and dumping, pounding and basic stacking
• Crawlers like things that move. They chase after them, which also promotes crawling.
• Some starting to walk most want to talk.
• Peek-a-boo is good at this age
• Social and emotional development starts. Sows fear, surprise, anger and happiness
• Begin to compare and contrast what they touch, taste, smell and begin to sort and classify.
4. Toys for 6-12 months
• Chewbeads – Jewelry for Mom & baby developed by Mom
• Indestructibles – a book with beautiful graphics and no words
• First Stacking Cups – Epoch
• Peek n’ Peep Eggs – Epoch
• Soft Books – Manhattan Toy
• Green Toys – Made in the USA
• Dimple – Fat Brain
• Spin Again – Fat Brain
To learn more, visit www.kitsandkaboodletoys.com.
Social: Facebook - Kits & Kaboodle Classic Toys
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY KITS & KABOODLE