Gen Con is the longest-running gaming convention in the world and is here in Indianapolis this week. More than 500 companies are exhibiting, including Thames & Kosmos, a leading manufacturer of science toys, magic kits and board games that promote STEM learning for children of all ages.
The Thames & Kosmos board game collection boasts high-quality German-designed games in multiple categories, including Strategy games, Family games, 2-player games and cult favorites like Legends of Andor.
Lili DeSisto from Thames & Kosmos reviews three games to be featured at Gen Con at the Indiana Convention Center this weekend:
• An exciting new colorful and inventive family game that is easy to learn but deceptively mind-boggling!
• One at a time, each player drops a shape into the vertical game board’s drop zone. Earn points for the highest level that the shape reaches when it lands and extra points for touching bonus circles.
• But be careful not to break a landing rule! The shape you drop is not allowed to touch matching shapes or colors after it lands. The winner is the player with the most points at the end.
• Available now on Amazon and at your local toy store.
• MSRP $29.95
• Ages 8+
Word Slam Family
• The family-friendly expansion to award-winning Word Slam, the fast-paced word guessing game like Charades but with word cards. Word Slam Family has all the fast-paced fun wordplay of the original hit game, but in a streamlined and compact format. This version includes 100 story word cards and 100 answer cards, with a total of 600 answer terms in four difficulty levels.
• Includes easier, family-friendly answer words suitable for families and groups with kids ages 10 and up. In this version, use an app instead of dice and timer.
• Play as an expansion to the original game or as a stand-alone!
• MSRP $14.95
EXIT: The Game
• The hit Escape-Room concept for home use. You must solve a series of riddles and puzzles to escape from a room. Each correct solution brings you to another riddle. How fast can you escape the room?
• Fun and fast-paced award-winning party game for up to 6 players.
• Varying levels of difficulty and each is indicated on the box.
• Winner of the Kenner Spiel Des Jahres award (which is like the OSCAR of the Board Game community)
• Ages 10+ or 12+
• MSRP $14.95 each
• Newest titles coming in October: The Mysterious Museum; The Sinister Mansion
• Titles currently available (listed in order of release): The Sunken Treasure; Dead Man on the Orient Express; The Polar Station; The Forgotten Island; The Forbidden Castle; The Pharaoh’s Tomb; The Secret Lab; The Abandoned Cabin.
Visit KOSMOS at Booth #2648 at Gen Con to see these games in action!
Go to www.thamesandkosmos.com for more details on the games, and follow Thames & Kosmos to stay up-to-date with the latest news:
@ThamesandKosmos – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Get the full weekend schedule at www.gencon.com.