Thinking about adopting a shelter dog? The Indy Dog Whisperer Nathan Lowe continues sharing his tips on how to pick the best one for your family.
- Understand that shelter dogs can often have a
frightening kennel presentation
- loud and stressful environment for a dog
- limited visual field inside kennel
- Ask a staff member to bring the dog out of the
kennel to assess
- truer temperament revealed outside the cage
- Realize that first impressions can be deceiving
when it comes to shelter dogs in their kennels!
- give each dog a chance!