“Know Your Apple Varieties?”
Sample 6 apple varieties from different tiers of the “sweet – tart” apple spectrum.
- Granny Smith – considered the most tart apple
- Pink Lady – natures sweet tart
- Braeburn – tart and a very good apple for baking
- Gala – the most popular apple in America, has a balance between sweet and tart
- Sonya – very sweet and available for a limited time
- Fuji – the sweetest
Many other things we eat are covered with food grade wax.
Do I need to wash my apples?
You do need to wash your apples, you need to wash all your produce…those produce washes are a big waste of money. Cold running water does a better job.”
“Valentine’s Day – Chocolate Dipped Fruit AND Veggies!”
Think about chocolate dipped pears for a perfect addition to Valentine’s Day, Birthday Parties & other celebrations
What about Chocolate Dipped Peppers. Use your imagination.
For more information contact the Produce Mom at www.theproducemom.com and Twitter handle: @SageFruit and @TheProduceMom