Chef JJ says these Halloumi Skewers are perfect for a backyard BBQ and no utensils required! Here’s the recipe!
• For the marinade
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon, plus 1 additional lemon cut into wedges for serving
• 1 ½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
• ½ teaspoon freshly minced garlic (about 2 medium cloves)
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• ¼ teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• ¼ lb. halloumi cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
• ⅜ medium zucchini, cut into into 1/2-inch rounds
• ⅜ medium red onions, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
• ¼ pint grape tomatoes
• Wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes prior to use
Whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and mint in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add cheese, zucchini, onion, and tomatoes, and toss to combine.
Alternatively thread cheese, zucchini, onion, and tomatoes on skewers.
Preheat EGG to 400° using direct heat and a cast iron grate. Grill skewers 2-3 min a side. Pull off and let rest.
Serving order: Cup or plate, vegetables and cheese (off the skewer).
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY RED GOLD