Linda Wallace from Red Gold walks us through the steps and offers tips on how you can make Perfect Pasta Every Time.
Cooking Perfect Pasta Every Time
1. Boil water in a large pot – for 1 pound of pasta use 5 quarts of water
2. Salt the water with 2 tablespoons of salt – the salty water adds flavor to the pasta
3. Bring the water back to a boil before adding pasta – do not break the pasta; it will
soften up within 30 seconds and fit in the pot
4. Follow package directions for cooking time – as pasta starts to cook, stir well so the
paste does not stick to each other
5. Test the pasta by tasting. As the estimated cooking time gets close, taste the pasta.
Perfectly cooked pasta is ‘al dente’ or firm to the bite or a little chewy. May need to
test several times before pasta is cooked.
6. After pasta is cooked turn off heat and take out 1 cup of pasta cooking water to use
to thicken or thin your pasta sauce if needed, this is a miracle ingredient
7. Drain pasta but do not rinse. The starch in the water is what helps the sauce adhere
to the pasta. The only time you should rinse pasta is when you are going to use it
in a cold dish, like pasta salad
8. If serving pasta and sauce together, add sauce right away and cook together about 2
For more information visit the website at www.redgoldtomatoes.com