For a lot of people, looking your best during the summer is all about having that perfect summer glow. Angela Alney, owner of Air-Tan explains how their product allows you to achieve it safely and dispels some tanning myths.
Air-Tan’s 4 locations are now open with new Covid-19 procedures, and they’ll have you covered in less than 15 minutes.
We are the last on the list – make sure you wax, get your nails done, pedicure/manicure and hair done all prior to Air-Tan.
Prep for Air-Tan
- The tanning solution is safe because it only goes on the top couple layers of your skin, so when the skin cells exfoliate that is when the tan starts to fade.
- Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
- No Lotions, creams or oils on your body (face is a little different).
- Wear loose fitting dark clothing and loose fitting shoes.
- You don’t need any barrier cream anywhere UNLESS you want to go really dark. If you have noticeable sunspots on your face or a dry patch put a little dot of barrier cream on that area and it will create a barrier so it won’t go darker.
- Wait 8 hours before taking a shower, workout, sweating, or even doing dishes.
- I use antibacterial wipes to make sure my hands stay clean during these 8 hours as you need to wash your hands (important).
- If you need to sleep before your 8 hour rinse off wear long sleeves and pants (making hands look crazy).
- Moisturize – no oils I personally use Aveeno lotion
- We have a great tan extender with the solution in it to keep your glow going rotate this with the Aveeno am extender at night.
- Don’t use scrubs, shower puff, washcloths, or harsh products on your skin. Pat dry when wet.
- It is not chlorine or chemicals that will make your tan fade, it is the more you are wet and dry, that makes your skin cell exfoliate.
Use the special promo code: “Indystyle” for $15 0ff (expires July 4th)
THIS SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY AIR-TAN.