Shop locally at Plenty Lifestyle on Thursday, August 30 to help educate children in need!
Alyssa Norwalk, owner of Plenty Lifestyle, introduces Sally Bindley Millman, founder & CEO of School on Wheels, ahead of Thursday’s fundraiser for the non-profit organization.
School on Wheels provides tutoring to homeless children living in shelters.
Since its inception in 2001, School on Wheels has:
– Provided tutoring at shelter and school locations throughout Marion County
– Utilized over 4,800 community volunteers as tutors
– Provided tutoring to 5,300 school-aged homeless children
– Provided 73,000 hours of tutoring
– Distributed 3,000 backpacks filled with school supplies to homeless children
– Distributed 6,000 sets of school uniforms to homeless children
– Empowered over 1,000 parents through thousands of support hours, including workshops, office hours, and facilitating communications with their children’s teachers and school administration.10% of all sales between 6 – 8 p.m. will go directly to School on Wheels, and donations are graciously accepted. Ellen Robinson, numerologist, will be giving complimentary mini-readings, and Soak Your Soul’s Melyssa Burris will have a Bath Soak Blending Bar with all natural herbs and essential oils.
Find out more on how you can help School on Wheels at https://indyschoolonwheels.org/.
Get more details on Plenty Lifestyle at https://plentylifestyle.com/.