The first day of summer is nearly 2-weeks away now, and we’re sure you’ve already began thinking about plans, but Lindsay Boccardo, generational consultant and millennial career coach wants to help you dream big!
She wants you to come up with plans that energize you and could truly change the world. Here are some methods from her to do just that:
1. Try to get deep rest and take care of yourself. Exhaustion makes it hard to do much more than function.
2. Make sure you are making safe connections with others for the sake of your humanity. We all need connection. We can get emotionally derailed when we are feeling isolated.
3. Set aside time (and guard it) for you to dream of the impact you want to make on the world. Here are questions to ask yourself:
- Who’s lives do you want to improve? This can happen with a product or a service.
- How do you want to improve them? This could be a business, a non-profit or a strategic partnership.
- What do you need to make it happen?
- Is something like this already happening in Indy?
4. Imagine the daily routine it would take to live out your dream. Start doing a little bit every day to make it happen. Start with a reach out to someone, today.
This is what I love about dreams, too: It doesn’t have to become your profession. And, if your dream is just to make more money, research would say you’ll be really bummed and quickly.
Happiness does not rise indefinitely with income. Research right out of Purdue shows this.
There is glory in working hard, earning it, and seeing the impact you can make in other people’s lives as you create solutions for them.
For more from Boccardo, visit her website.