The St. Christopher Catholic Church’s annual Mid-Summer Festival returns July 19 – 21 in Speedway!
Amy Morris & Heather Chastain preview the food, games, fun, and happenings for the 81st annual celebration.
The festival that’s “Tops in Food” returns with some exciting new choices for patrons:
• Credit cards, Apple Pay and Android Pay will now be accepted for food and ride ticket purchases
• Gray Brothers pies are returning
• Disability accommodations: many of the festival dining and gaming locations are accessible to guests with various disabilities
• In addition to private restrooms in the Casino and multi-stall restrooms in the Dining Room, there will now be a clean, well-lit, air-conditioned restroom trailer at the west end of property
• Huseman Amusement Company is providing new carnival games for kids
Live performances are scheduled all three nights of the festival. You can enjoy karaoke with the Hutchek family on Thursday evening from 7-10 p.m., The Doo!Band (formerly Zanna Doo!) performs live Friday evening from 7-10 p.m., and Polka Boy takes the stage on Saturday from 7-11 p.m.
Mass on the Grass will be held on Saturday at 4:00 p.m. on the Northeast Lawn. All are welcome to celebrate the Eucharist in a casual “come as you are” setting near the intersection of 16th and Lynhurst in Speedway.