No puppy talk here!
On today’s Indy Style, Nathan Lowe, The Indy Dog Whisperer, introduces us to the story of Jax, a large seven-month old Bassett Hound!
Here are his tips to keep your puppy on their best behavior when they get to their new home:
1. Avoid being your pup’s litter-mate!
– Pups play rough and mouthy with litter-mates (how they practice hunting and fighting skills)
– Be careful of baby talk! (litter-mate sounds)
2. Be your pup’s canine parent!
– Enforce rules and boundaries in a no-nonsense way
– Model calm, confident energy
– Introduce pup to lots of new experiences
3. Help fulfill your pup’s need for litter-mate-style play
– Get a second pup!
– Arrange play dates with other puppy peers
– Use a flirt pole
– Introduce “nose games” (treat puzzles, etc.)
For more information visit, indydogwhisperer.com.