Spring Break will be here soon, and if you don’t plan on traveling, there are still plenty of fun things to do here in Indy!
Jennifer Hanson, Senior Communications Director, Downtown Indy, Inc. says you can find lots of activities and events for all ages Downtown from March 14 – April 5.
Go on an adventure at White River State Park
When working up your list of day-time things to do, White River State Park’s attractions are a must.
The xZooberance Spring Festival at the Indianapolis Zoo will offer music, dancing, art, nature and much more.
- The event runs from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Thursdays through Sundays March 26 – April 12.
- Enjoy the return of the Butterfly Kaleidoscope exhibit (March 20).
Explore the newest exhibit opening at the Indiana State Museum March 28: Cause and Æffect. For the 100th anniversary of women’s suffrage, see the art that was born out of women’s activism.
- Plus, check out Rube Goldberg™: The World of Hilarious Invention! Exhibit, where you can create crazy chain-reaction contraptions.
- The Eiteljorg Museum is celebrating the 100th anniversary of women’s suffrage with events and exhibits revolving around the stories of women. The iconic museum has new family-friendly Western galleries that recently opened and a new special exhibit, Quilts: Uncovering Women’s Stories, opening March 7.
Visit Downtown Indy’s museums and attractions
The Children’s Museum.
- Zip down the Chocolate Slide March 7 – April 11
- Re-opening of the Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience March 14. The combination of sports history, physical fitness and health education in a variety of family-fun, outdoor and indoor experiences make this exhibit a fan favorite.
- Explore the science of severe weather at the Wild Weather Exhibit, also opening March 14.
Head to Newfields for incredible displays and exhibits this spring break.
- Smell the fragrance of half a million blooming flowers in the Garden during Spring Blooms opening March 20.
- Enjoy a handcrafted pie and an old-fashioned milkshake at the Pop Up: Pie Shop (through May)
- Stop by the Infinitely Kusama exhibit before it closes March 29.
Catch Downtown’s Spring Performances
The Indiana Repertory Theatre hosts several performances (both recommended for grades 9+) including:
- Murder on the Orient Express through March 29
- Paper Dreams of Harry Chin starting March 25.
Sports action Downtown
- Celebrate the tournament finals with a fitness circuit at Monument Circle, Saturday morning March 14. The Big Ten Circuit on the Circle will include a 45-minute workout, giveaway items and a chance to win two tickets to the semifinal games.
NCAA Division I Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships at the IU Natatorium.
- Watch the best swimmers and divers in the nation compete for the gold March 25 – 28.
Road to the Final Four stops at Lucas Oil Stadium for the Midwest Regional of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament.
- March 26 & 28.
Find more information at Downtownindy.org.