Forget the neckties and cologne: this Father’s Day, give your dad what he really wants – a delicious meal.
Treat dad to a special meal and cocktail for Fatherâ€™s Day
Bonefish Grill’s Chef Brian Newlin shares his twists on a handheld sandwich favorite, an overflowing Lobster Roll, and classic bourbon drink dad will love, a Woodford Reserve Old Fashioned.
Chef Brian also showcases Bonefish Grill’s Father’s Day special – a ribeye topped with bourbon bacon jam.
Bonefish Grill’s lively bar offers hand-crafted cocktails made with hand-squeezed juices, freshly muddled ingredients and house made infusions.
Bonefish Grill specializes in market-fresh fish from around the world, savory wood-grilled specialties and other locally-focused seasonal dishes using the highest-quality, freshest ingredients.
Bonefish Grill, recognized by TripAdvisor as one of the top restaurants in the U.S., specializes in market-fresh fish from around the world, savory wood-grilled specialties and hand-crafted cocktails. Guests receive “chef’s coat service” and are guided through an innovative, seasonal menu, unique specials and locally-created Neighborhood Catch dishes, featuring the highest-quality and fresh ingredients. The Bonefish experience helps guests Escape the Ordinary, and is based on the premise of simplicity, consistency and a strong commitment to excellence at every level.
Lobster Roll (Serves 2)
• 1/2 Lobster Meat, Freshly cooked or CKL Lobster Meat, Previously cooked
• 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
• 1/4 Cup Celery, 1/4” Dice
• 2 TBSP Lemon Juice, Freshly squeezed
• 1 TBSP Green Onions, Chopped
• 1 TBSP Parsley, Chopped
• Pinch of Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
• 2 pieces Lobster Roll Bread (Recipe follows)
• 2 TBSP Melted Butter
1. Combine the lobster meat, mayonnaise, celery, lemon juice, green onions, parsley, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Gently mix together with a rubber spatula until combined, reserve in the fridge until ready to use.
3. Brush the inside of your lobster roll bread with melted butter.
4. Divide the lobster mix evenly between both pieces of bread.
5. Serve with French fries or your favorite side and enjoy!
6. (Optional) Alternatively, use a sriracha mayo or citrus aioli in place of the plain mayonnaise to pump up the flavor.
Woodford Reserve Old Fashioned
• 2 oz Bourbon
• .75 oz Vanilla Simple Syrup
• 1 Fresh Orange Wedge
• 1 Bordeaux Cherry
• 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
1. Combine all the ingredients into mixing glass, except Bourbon and muddle.
2. Pack mixing glass with ice, add Bourbon and roll twice.
3. Strain into a rocks glass with ice.
4. Garnish with Bordeaux cherry and orange wedge peel.
• You can use any Bourbon you prefer.
• Best served over a large ice cube. Recommend a large square or circular ice mold for best results.
• Fun Fact: Have you ever wondered why some cocktail taste better over large ice cubes? Large ice cubes have a smaller surface area than a glass packed with small ice cubes causing the ice to melt more slowly and allowing the drinker to sip & enjoy their cocktail over a longer span of time without the cocktail becoming watered down.