There’s nothing like a good soup or stew to help you feel warm and cozy at home. Jolene Ketzenberger of the Signature Table joined us today with her recipes for Taco Soup and Moroccan Stew.
Taco Soup (Serves 4-6)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 10-ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can chili beans with liquid
- 3 cups water
Topping options: Shredded cheese, corn chips, avocado, cilantro, chopped onion, sour cream and lime, if desired, for serving.
In a large stock pot over medium heat, cook the ground beef, breaking into chunks, until no longer pink. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, chile powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt and cook for a few more minutes, stirring often. Stir in tomatoes, black beans and chili beans. Add the water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with your favorite taco toppings and serve.
Adapted from FoodieCrush.com
Easy Moroccan Stew (Serves 4-6)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- Chopped cilantro, optional
In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add squash, onion and red pepper; cook and stir until onion is translucent and red pepper is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in seasonings until blended.
Add chickpeas, tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 10 minutes. If desired, top with cilantro.
Adapted from TasteOfHome.com
For more information visit, TheSignatureTable.com.