Did you know cold weather habits can often result in fire?
Richard Michaelis, owner of Michaelis Corporation, joined us today to share a few fire prevention tips, explain the damage fire can cause and why you need a professional to restore things if your home is damaged by fire.
Michaelis Corporation has more than 35 years of experience in the restoration business, and the owner says his locally-owned company is ready to help when you need it most.
Richard says, “Home and Business owners call when there is an unexpected emergency or event that disrupts their day to day life or operation.” He also says his staff is certified, licensed and professional.
Their company has experts that are certified, compassionate and offering 24/7 emergency services.
Colder weather habits that result in fire
- Space heaters
- Fire in unclean fireplaces
- Electric baseboard heaters
Fire Prevention Tips
- Use Space Heater
- Make sure use one for indoors
- Don’t overload circuit
- Not near flammable objects – furniture, blankets, books etc.
- Place heater on the floor not on furniture
- Keep children away from it
- Watch pets
2. Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
3. Check all fire extinguishers
4. Have chimney inspected
5. Furnace inspected
Damage fire can cause (besides destruction)
- Smoke damage
- Water from putting out the fire
Why you need a professional
- Smoke removal
- Water extraction
- Content storage and cleaning
- Structural drying
THIS SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY MICHAELIS CORPORATION.