August is Happiness Happens Month, and Girls Positivity Club founder Melissa Jones joined us Tuesday on “Life.Style.Live!” to share simple activities families you can do as a group or by yourself to help choose happiness in your daily life.
1) Make your happiness Visual – There are simple ways to combine happiness and creativity; creativity has been known to lead to more happiness.
- Happiness Windspinner – Take a piece of paper and some markers, and create a visual for all the good and happy things in your life. Then hang it on your front porch or in a bedroom as a creative reminder.
- Happiness Jar – Each family member chooses a happy moment of the day to place in a special jar or in another place to make it visual, like a bulletin board or paper on the fridge.
Making happiness visual is a sure way to help you notice all of the little things in life that bring you joy.
2) Move your body – Movement releases happiness chemicals like dopamine and serotonin. It also releases stress or negative feelings. Doing something active is a great way to increase not only your happiness but also the happiness of your family.
- Take a walk
- Stretch or do Yoga together
- Go for a family bike ride
- Jump on the trampoline
- Play catch
Let loose as a family and move in a fun way together. Everyone will be all smiles.
3) Learn Something New – There are endless possibilities for learning something new. You can learn as a family or have a time where everyone learns one new thing and teaches it to the family over dinner. You’ll be amazed at the happiness and connection it brings you and your family.
- Read or watch a YouTube tutorial about a topic of interest (drawing and painting tutorials are great for kids)
- Go to a pottery place for an afternoon
- Learn simple origami animals
- Go to a museum
- Try a new recipe
- Learn to hydro dipping
For more information, click here.