Schwinn Bicycles is celebrating 125th Anniversary! Anthony Barr, the Mobile Cyclist tells us the exciting way they’re celebrating, and some interesting places in Indiana you can go for a ride.
Cycling is extremely popular right now with bikes sold out almost everywhere. Here are some trails you should try:
Vandalia Greenway Trail (Partial): Plainfield, IN
- 4 miles paved through Plainfield (run along parallels US 40)
- Picks up again in Amo, IN – then 12 miles to Greencastle.
- Smooth, Safe and Family Friendly!
- Eventually, Vandalia will be à: Indianapolis all the way to Greencastle
- Part of National Road Heritage Trail: Planned 160 miles Terre Haute to Richmond
Trails: Safe for All Ages, Amenities (Food/Rest), Gets People Exploring & Exercising
Highlights along Plainfield section of trail:
- Passes through Franklin Park / baseball diamonds
to White Lick Creek Trail – right into downtown Plainfield
around Splash Island water park
“Amo, IN” (Play):
Amo à Coatsville à Greencastle section
begins again in Amo, IN
- 12 miles – crushed
gravel or paved
“Crushed Gravel”: (Play)
& Coastville trailheads:
- Info kiosks
Points of Interest & Food:
- Amo Pizza & General Store
- Amo Interurban Depot
- Coatesville – Dawnn’s Diner
- Filmore: Bert & Betty’s Kitchen
Find more info and ways to support the area here.
Schwinn is an iconic American bike brand many generations know and love. Many folks either owned a Schwinn or still do. To mark their anniversary, Schwinn is launching a new retro version of their classic “Schwinn Collegiate.” It’s based on their classic 50s & 60s best seller, the“Collegiate Deluxe.”
The bike is designed in Madison, Wisconsin and hand built in Detroit.
Fun Fact: SCHWINN Started in Chicago, Illinois 125 yrs ago!
2020 Schwinn “Collegiate” Details:
- “Chro-moly Steel” — lighter than traditional steel, stronger than aluminum
- Two Models: “Step Through” and “Straight Top Tube”
- Original “Campus Green” paint job and Chrome Fenders!
How/Where you can buy the 2020 Schwinn Collegiate:
- Exclusive – Walmart.com
- Available in August
- Limited to 500 bikes
- MSRP: $998.00
Find more from Barr on his website.