If you’re looking to brush up on your cooking skills while getting a taste of Italy, this class is for you! Amy von Eiff, Owner & Executive Chef, A Cut Above Catering | Classes | Events joined us today to tell us all about the upcoming class and share a recipe.
Tomato Basil Bruschetta
Ingredients: Calories 64 Total Fat 3.2g Protein 1.6g
- ½ baguette or crusty long loaf of bread, sliced (12 pieces)
- 2 large cloves garlic, cracked away from skin
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- 3 small plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- Coarse Salt
Directions: Prep: 31 minutes Cook: 9 minutes Total: 40 minutes
- Preheat broiler to high, (if you prefer you can also grill the bread).
- Place bread slices on a broiler pan. Char bread on each side under a hot broiler, keep an eye on it!
- Rub toasts with cracked garlic and drizzle with oil
- Chop seeded tomatoes and place in a small bowl. Pile basil leaves on top of one another and roll into a log.
- Thinly slice basil into green confetti and loosely combine with tomatoes.
- Add a drizzle of oil and a little coarse salt to the bowl and gently toss tomatoes and basil to coat.
- Pile toasts around the bowl of topping.
- Place a spoon to scoop topping in bowl and serve.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Farm-to-Table Italiano Instructional Cooking Class (in-person or virtual)
Thursday, August 27, 2020 6:30pm
You can register for the class on Eventbrite.