These delicious and simple recipes from Tim Griffin of the Carmel Fire Department are perfect for any lunch or dinner!
Lime Cilantro Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 chicken thighs
- 1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 bunch of finely diced cilantro
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Season both sides of chicken with all dry seasonings.
- Sear both sides of chicken in cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle diced cherry tomatoes and avocado into pan.
- Sprinkle on cilantro to taste.
- Squeeze the lime juice on top.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Roasted Sweet Peppers
- 8-10 sweet peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Lay peppers in an oven-safe pan. Drizzle olive oil on peppers. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 15 or so cherry tomatoes
- 15 Small fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Spear one tomato, one folded basil leaf, and one mozzarella ball on each of 15 toothpicks.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper.