The month of pasta continues! Chef Kathy Jones from Second Helpings was in studio today to prepare Pasta with Italian Beef & Roasted Tomato Sauce and Cheddar Chicken Pasta two dishes that they prepare at their very own kitchen to help those in need!
These are both meals made at Second Helpings.
Each year, Second Helpings prepares over 1.5 million nutritious meals for neighbors in need to more than 100 partner agencies. WISH-TV is proud to partner with Second Helpings for the 2nd annual Gr8 Pasta Push taking place June 3 – June 17, 2021.
Pasta is always in demand as Second Helpings uses more than 1,100 pounds of pasta per week. This summer, Second Helpings needs even more pasta to feed the thousands of Hoosiers still economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
- Financial Donations are being accepted HERE on Second Helpings website
- Create a Team of Work Colleagues or Friends and raise funds/pasta together!
- Visit Second Helpings online and select “Interest Form” to get started
- Drop off pasta donations at local area partners found on the website.
SECOND HELPINGS FACTS:
- Every $5 donation provides a nutritious and prepared meal for a family of four
- In the wake of COVID-19, food insecurity has doubled, putting more than one in five Hoosiers at risk of hunger
- More than 900 people have graduated Second Helpings job training program
- 22% of Marion County residents use some sort of food assistance
- Donations are tax deductible
For more information visit, SecondHelpings.org/pasta.
THIS SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY SECOND HELPINGS.