Supporting our local businesses is more important now more than ever so they’re still open after the Covid-19 crisis. Mel McMahon of Indiana Originals shares a few ways you can support your local business even outside of spending money.
Indiana Originals promotes Indiana products, places, and service providers. We help Hoosiers discover and support local faster and easier while helping our business members find affordable resources to be successful, stand out from their national competitors, and get in front of new customers.
Every business on our website is certified local. That means we guarantee they are Indiana-owned and operated, headquartered here, and not part of an out of state chain.
Supporting our members keeps more money in Indiana, helps our communities be unique and creates jobs.
Local businesses need our
support more than ever! Our members are open for business! Here are some simple
ways to support local businesses right now:
- BUY SOMETHING
- Many businesses are remaining open online, selling gift cards, offering carryout or delivery, shipping products, and more. If you have the means to make a purchase, do.
- LEAVE A POSITIVE REVIEW
- Set businesses up for success. Leave a positive review on Facebook, Google, the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, or wherever you are comfortable. Getting in front of new customers will be more important than ever during our recovery.
- CONNECT AND INTERACT ONLINE
- Social media is about being social. Follow your favorites, like a post, comment, and spread the word about a special. Share encouraging words and stay engaged!
- SUBSCRIBE TO THEIR NEWSLETTER
- Be the first to know about changes, offers, specials, and more. Behind every email sign up an alert is a real person jumping for joy.
- ASK HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Most of us personally know someone that owns a small business. Reach out to that person and ask how you can help. You may be surprised at what you can offer.
- DOWNLOAD THE INDIANA ORIGINALS APP
- Indiana Originals takes the guesswork out of identifying local businesses and nonprofits by supplying a curated list of companies that are Indiana owned-and-operated, headquartered in Indiana, and not part of an out-of-state chain. The app was made possible in partnership with member Freedom Foods out of Wolcott, IN, and includes a map feature that allows you to select your location and see the Indiana Originals members in your area.
Learn more about Mel on her website and social media:
About Freedom Foods: Freedom Foods is a family-owned and operated farm in Wolcott,
Indiana delivering high-quality, natural produce to Hoosier’s front doors in
Central Indiana. By using gardening techniques and constructing greenhouses,
Freedom Foods has the capability to provide fresh, naturally grown produce
year-round. Learn more at freedomfoodsindiana.com.