Grab your flip flops and get thirsty! It’s almost time for National Flip Flop Day at Tropical Smoothie Café! On Friday, June 17th, customers will come in wearing their flip flops and get a free smoothie, all while supporting a great cause! National Flip Flop Day was launched 10 years ago by Tropical Smoothie Café to kick off the summer. Tropical Smoothie Café celebrates this holiday by giving away free Jetty Punch smoothies to customers who show up wearing flip flops on National Flip Flop Day between 2-7 PM.
Today on Indy Style, Brandon Knapp, Tropical Smoothie Café, explains the cause behind the delicious day and why you’ll want to invite your friends to take part!ABOUT NATIONAL FLIP FLOP DAY:
· Tropical Smoothie Cafe collects donations for Camp Sunshine to send children with life-threatening illnesses and their families to a week-long camp in Maine which is operational year round.
· Camp Sunshine provides on-site medical and psychosocial support for the families plus tons of camp activities and a happy environment that lets the kids just be regular kids.
· The cost of one family going to Camp Sunshine is around $2,500 but thanks to donations, Camp Sunshine is entirely free to the families who attend.
· Over the past nine years, Tropical Smoothie Café has donated $3.7 million to this amazing camp with our record-breaking donation of $1 million last year. This year we are trying to beat that $1 million goal!
· When you go to Tropical Smoothie Café, decked out in your flip-flops, to get a free delicious smoothie, try to make a donation for this great cause.
· Besides cash donations during National Flip Flop Day, customers who donate between $1 and $4 will get a cute flip-flop paper sign which we will display in the cafe. Those who donate $10 or more receive a re-usable mug that actually features artwork created by a Camp Sunshine Camper.
Founded in 1997, Tropical Smoothie Café is a fast-casual restaurant concept inspiring healthy lifestyles across the country, with over 486 locations nationwide. With snack and meal options for any time of day, Tropical Smoothie Café serves smoothies, salads, wraps, sandwiches, and flatbreads. The rapidly growing franchise has received numerous accolades including being ranked in Entrepreneur’s 2015 Franchise 500, Nation’s Restaurant News’ 2015 Top 200, number five in the 2016 Fast Casual Top 100 Movers and Shakers, and CEO Mike Rotondo in 2016 Fast Casual Top 25 Executives. For more information about National Flip Flop Day, visit www.TropicalSmoothie.com/funraising.com.
Founded in 1984, Camp Sunshine provides retreats combining respite, recreation and support, while enabling hope and promoting joy, for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families through the various stages of a child’s illness. Camp Sunshine is the only program in the nation offered year-round with the distinction of having been designed to serve the entire family in a retreat model. The program is free of charge to families and includes on-site medical and psychosocial support. Bereavement groups are also offered for families who have experienced the death of a child from a supported illness. Since its inception, Camp Sunshine has offered comfort, hope and support to over 48,900 family members from 49 states and 27 countries.
For more information, visit the website at www.campsunshine.org or :www.facebook.com/tropicalsmoothiecafe/www.instagram.com/tropicalsmoothiecafe/www.twitter.com/TSmoothieCafe?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthorwww.instagram.com/mycampsunshine/www.twitter.com/gocampsunshinewww.facebook.com/campsunshine1984/