Feeding hungry families this Thanksgiving– one hot meal at a time.
By now, we know that’s the mission of the Mozel Sanders Foundation, but let’s take a deeper look into the story BEHIND the giving, with Mozel Sanders Board Member, Mike Ruggeiro.
• Began 49 yrs ago with Rev. Mozel Sanders serving a few dinners at Thanksgiving
• Blossomed to 40,000 meals at height with up to 2,000 volunteers and 30+ satellite locations
• Original documentary (produced by Mike) on the history of Foundation, Rev. Mozel and Rev. Roosevelt
• Longest running organization in the US serving at Thanksgiving
• COVID Plan B – kitchens preparing meals vs centralized at Butler University
• Essential Workers Scholarships will be awarded on 11/24
• 10,000 meals to be served on Thanksgiving Day
• Food Baskets for Seniors at Christmas
• 2021 – 50th year
• 2021 – 1 millionth year
• 2021 – Updated documentary (Mike is producing)
People can always contribute to the Mozel Sanders Foundation, Inc. by going to the website at MozelSanders.org and contributing through PayPal or credit/debit card. They can text Mozel to 313131, through the CashApp using $mozelsanders or through snail mail c/o Mozel Sanders Foundation, Inc., 709 N Belmont Ave., Indianapolis IN 46222. Mozel Sanders Foundation, Inc. is longest running organization in the country feeding the most people on Thanksgiving Day.
About The Mozel Sanders Foundation: The Mozel Sanders Foundation is a non-profit organization, established in 1971, that has been feeding the hungry for over 40 years. Last year, the foundation served over 20,000 hot meals on Thanksgiving Day. The Mozel Sanders Foundation gives hope to the hungry and empowers youth & adults in Central Indiana. 2021 will be our 50th year in serving the Indianapolis community. Mozel Sanders Foundation would like to thank its sponsors: WISH-TV, Financial Center Federal Credit Union, TJX Foundation, Lilly Endownment Inc, Community Action of Greater Indianapolis, Inc. United Way of Central Indiana, Jewel Human Services Corporation, Central Indiana Community Foundation and SYSCO.