Red Gold presents great ideas for your basketball parties including Chili in a Bread Bowl
Red Gold recipes can make your basketball parties easy and delicious.CHILI IN A BREAD BOWL
This hearty chili recipe is served in individual Kaiser rolls, used as the bread bowl. The bread bowls are as fun to make as they are to eat. Don’t forget to keep this idea in mind for stews and chowders, too!
1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 (10 ounce) can RED GOLD® PETITE DICED TOMATOES & GREEN CHILIES
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or chili beans
1 (8 ounce) can RED GOLD® TOMATO SAUCE
2 tablespoons chili powder
6 Kaiser rolls or other bread bowls
• Coat large saucepan with cooking spray. Add turkey, onion and garlic powder; cook and stir until vegetable are tender. Add petite diced tomatoes, beans and chili powder. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
• Cut a 1½ inch circle off the top of the bread bowls. Reserve top to serve with chili for dunking. Hollow out rolls, leaving ½ inch of bread around sides and bottom of roll, creating a bowl. Place bread bowls on a plate and spoon chili into each bowl.
• Option: Offer sour cream, chopped onion and shredded cheese as toppers for the chili bowls
NUTRITIONAL FACTS PER SERVING:
Calories 230, Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 380mg, Carbohydrate 21g, Fiber 2g, Protein 20g,
Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 6%, Iron 15%
CONFETTI POTATO SALAD
2 strips bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
3 eggs, hard cooked and sliced
1 carrot, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 cup sliced scallions
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons wine vinegar
2 (14.5 ounce) cans RED GOLD® DICED TOMATOES or 1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes, drained
3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Salt and black pepper to taste
• Fry bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain and set aside.
• Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, 20 minutes. Drain and cover to keep warm.
• Add bacon, eggs, carrots, onion and scallions to potato mixture. Add oil and vinegar and toss to combine. Cool 10 to 15 minutes.
• Right before serving add parsley, salt and black pepper, mix well. Serve warm or well chilled.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS PER SERVING
Calories 220, Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 490mg, Carbohydrate 34g, Fiber 4g, Protein 7g,
Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%
For more recipes and ideas visit their website at redgoldtomatoes.com