The Path School partners with Indiana Learns to offer students reading and math support
Find your path at The Path School
Schools know firsthand how difficult post-pandemic learning loss has been, and Indiana Learns is on a mission to ensure students have access to the reading and math support they need. The Path School in Indianapolis recently became a Learning Partner with Indiana Learns!
Indiana Learns is a tutoring grant program that provides renewable $1,000 scholarships to eligible families to use for English / Language Arts and math tutoring. Tia Taylor, Principal of The Path School, and Seana Murphy, Senior Director at Indiana Learns, joined “Life.Style.Live!” to share more about the partnership.
With this partnership, The Path School is furthering their mission of providing a “purpose-driven, culturally responsive learning environment that challenges scholars academically.” Other schools and organizations in Indiana are encouraged to apply to become Learning Partners to support their students. You can find the requirements and application here.
Indiana Learns is a statewide collaborative effort between the Indiana Department of Education and The Mind Trust. The Mind Trust was selected to administer Indiana Learns because of the organization’s expertise in developing and implementing programs that yield positive results for students.
Students who meet the Indiana Learns eligibility requirements are able to access a renewable $1,000 grant to be used for high-dosage, high-quality tutoring. The current student eligibility requirements are:
- Enrolled and attending an Indiana public, charter, or accredited non-public school
- Student completed ILEARN testing during the 2022 or 2023 school year and scored below proficiency in either Mathematics or English/Language Arts. NOTE: approaching proficiency will not qualify
- Student resides in Indiana
- Student is in 3rd-8th grade (2023-2024 school year)
- Student qualifies for the federal free or reduced lunch program in 2022 or no later than October 2023
This content is made possible by The Mind Trust.