Local

1 hurt in house fire on south side; space heater may be cause

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — A person received minor injuries Wednesday afternoon in a house fire on the south side.

A space heater may be to blame, Indianapolis Fire Department said.

Fire crews were called shortly after 2:40 p.m. to the 2100 block of Napoleon Street. That’s just northwest of the I-65 interchange at East Raymond Street.

The person was taken to Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Hospital with smoke inhalation symptoms. No additional details were provided on the person hurt or his or her condition.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

MORE STORIES