Local

1 person transported to hospital with serious injuries after Fishers house fire

FISHERS, Ind. (WISH) – One person was transported to Eskenazi Hospital with serious injuries after an early morning fire Wednesday.

The Fishers Fire Department was sent to the 13000 block of Highland Springs Drive after reports of a fire at 4:32 a.m.

One person was transported to the hospital with serious injuries and a second person was transported with minor injuries. Four people were able to escape the home without injury.

Fire investigators believe the fire started in a living space above the garage, by an unattended candle which caught bedding on fire.

The fire was contained inside one room after the homeowner managed to shut the door to the room in which the fire occurred.

The estimated cost of damage is $65,000.

Never miss another Facebook post from WISH-TV

MORE STORIES

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK