10-year-old girl electrocuted trying to rescue kittens

News
Greenlee Buckley_1531176350443.jpg_48121250_ver1.0_640_360_1531191274293.jpg.jpg

NEW BOSTON, Texas (KTAL/AP) – An east Texas girl was accidentally electrocuted as she attempted to rescue her kittens from behind a clothes dryer. 

Police say 10-year-old Greenlee Buckley died.

It happened about 7 p.m. Saturday.

New Boston Police, the Bowie County sheriff and Southwestern Electric Power Co. were at the home Monday investigating.  

An autopsy is scheduled for the child’s body in Dallas.

New Boston is about 20 miles from the Arkansas border and about 150 miles northeast of Dallas.

© 2019 Circle City Broadcasting I, LLC. | All Rights Reserved.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

FREE News & Weather Apps

Storm Track 8 Weather App

Download Now:

WISH-TV News App

Download Now: