MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) – Authorities say a second suspect has been arrested after a 7-year-old boy was struck by a stray bullet in Muncie last month.
The Star Press reports a 19-year-old was taken into custody by U.S. Marshals at a Muncie home Monday afternoon. Muncie Police Chief Steve Stewart says the man surrendered without incident.
According to authorities, the 7-year-old boy was shot in his hand and abdomen May 6 while playing in a yard. He was critically hurt.
The man and a 16-year-old suspect are accused of firing shots at another teen, with one bullet hitting the boy. The teen suffered a wound that wasn’t life threatening.
The suspects face two counts of attempted murder and aggravated battery. An attorney for the 16-year-old has said it’s a case of mistaken identity.