INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — You’ll never believe these mouth-watering pancakes are gluten-free and dairy-free. They are made with almond flour, but fluffy, rich, and delicious.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, almond milk or water
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- dark chocolate chips, just a few
And here’s how you make it:
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a fork for 1 minute. Whisk in coconut milk, pure maple syrup, and a pinch of salt.
- Sprinkle almond flour on top, as well as cocoa powder and baking soda. Fold dry ingredients into wet batter. Squeeze lemon juice over the top and fold it in as well. If batter seems way to thick, add 2 tablespoons of nut milk and stir again. Repeat if it still seems thick.
- Heat a pancake griddle to medium, sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop batter by spoonfuls onto griddle. Place a few dark chocolate chips on the uncooked side of each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the uncooked side of the pancake and the edges are dry (about 3-5 minutes). Flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve these with fresh, ripe strawberries!