INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — This recipe is delicious and the decadent little bites of protein taste like a chocolate-covered cherry dessert, and they give you energy for the day.
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter (one where the only ingredients are peanuts and salt)
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, pour peanut butter and add oats, honey, protein powder, chopped cherries, and chia seeds, stirring until everything is a uniform mixture.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in the microwave just until they are soft and on the verge of being completely melted – about 20 seconds. Fold them into the peanut butter mixture, so there are dark chocolate ripples throughout the mixture. Refrigerate peanut butter mixture 10 minutes to let chocolate solidify again.
- Remove mixture and scoop into balls about 1 1/2 tablespoons each. Store Chocolate-covered Cherry Balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator
Calories 113, Total Fat 7.5 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5 g, Monounsaturated Fat 3.4 g, Cholesterol 0.8 mg, Sodium 49 mg, Potassium 114 mg, Total Carbohydrates 12 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Sugars 9 g, Protein 4.8 g