INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – In the mood for a burger? Check out this delicious recipe!
Guacamole burger with roasted corn salsa
- 3 grass-fed ground beef (4-ounce) patties
- 3 iceberg lettuce leaf cups
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small avocado
- 1 heaping tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice plus zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Roasted corn salsa:
- 1 fresh corn on the cob, shucked
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high and lightly brush with oil.
2. Sprinkle kosher salt on both sides of the burger. Spray corn with nonstick cooking spray (or lightly brush with oil), and rub cumin over all sides of the corn. Place burgers and corn on the grill. Cook both for nine minutes total. Flip burgers once halfway through cooking time. Rotate corn every two minutes, letting it develop a char. Remove corn slice kernels off into a bowl. Toss with cilantro; set aside.
3. To make guacamole, scoop all ingredients in a small bowl and lightly mash until combined.
4. Now it’s time to assemble the delicious burger: lay iceberg leaf cup side up. Place burger near the core. Fold lettuce 3/4 of the way up, and then fold burger over to wrap lettuce around. Stuff 1/4 cup guacamole in each lettuce wrap, and spoon 2 tablespoons corn salsa on top. Repeat for the other two burgers.
Cook burger to desired doneness: medium Rare (130-135° F): seven minutes total; medium (135-150° F): eight minutes total; medium-well (150-165° F): nine minutes total; well done (165° F and up): 10 minutes total.
Use lemon instead of lime for a different guacamole.
To keep the burgers tender, don’t smash them with the spatula, and only flip them once.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 1 burger, 1/4 cup guacamole, 2 tablespoons roasted corn salsa
Nutrition Facts: Calories 276, Total Fat 15g, Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 351mg, Potassium 225mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 2g, Protein 24g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 2%, Iron 19%