INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — A fun, easy and delicious homemade doughnut.
- 1 gluten-free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 (12-ounce) can lemon or berry flavored sparkling water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix and the sparkling water. Whisk for 1 minute. (Note: mix may seem runny and clumpy at first, but as you continue whisking, the clumps will break up and mix will thicken)
- Prepare a (3-inch) donut baking pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill each donut 3/4 of the way full with batter.
- Add 4-5 blueberries to each donut.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Carefully remove donuts from baking pan and allow to completely cool on parchment paper.
- Meanwhile, to make icing drizzle, combine all ingredients into a mini-food processor. Once donuts have completely cooled, drizzle 1 tablespoon of icing onto each. Or, pour icing into a bowl and dip the top of each donut into icing.