INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The 4-Ingredient Baked Egg Cups can be eaten immediately or frozen in a zip-lock bag for later and reheated for an easy breakfast.
4-Ingredient Baked Egg Cups
2/3 cup low-fat cottage cheese
3/4 cup salsa or pico de gallo
1/2 cup mozzarella shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and cottage cheese until well-blended.
3. Spray a 12-cup muffin tray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour egg mixture equally between each cup.
4. Bake for 12 minutes, then remove from oven. Spoon 1 tablespoon of salsa in the middle of each egg muffin, and sprinkle 2 teaspoons shredded cheese on top.
5. Put back into oven for about 10-12 minutes. Eggs should puff up and cheese will be melted and slightly toasted.
6 .Remove from oven and let cool.
Serving size: 1 egg cup. Nutrition: Calories 93.1, Total Fat 5.1 g, Saturated Fat 1.7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2.0 g, Cholesterol 225.8 mg, Sodium 183.6 mg, Potassium 104.9 mg, Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g, Dietary Fiber 0.3 g, Sugars 0.4 g, Protein 9.1 g.