How to make Annessa’s Birthday Cake Pancakes
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — These are gluten-free, dairy-free and a good source of protein — perfect to make for a birthday morning!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw, local honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup almond flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder, 1 tablespoon sprinkles, 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a fork for 1 minute. Whisk in coconut milk, honey, extracts and a pinch of salt.
2. Sprinkle almond flour, baking soda and optional protein powder on top of wet ingredients, folding in. Stir in sprinkles and lemon juice.
3. Heat a pancake griddle to medium, sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop batter by 2 tablespoonfuls at a time onto griddle. Cook until the edges are dry on the uncooked side (about 3-5 minutes). Flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
4. Serve pancakes in a stack with syrup poured over or on the side. Enjoy!