INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Annessa’s focusing on easy, healthy recipes with a twist during this first week of 2021. Here’s how to make a low carb dish inspired by the flavors of a much-loved fried treat: an egg roll.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound grass-fed Ground beef
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, chopped finely
- 14 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 3 cloves peeled garlic, grated
- 1/2-1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (whites and greens)
Creamy Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce or sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil, chopped mushrooms and ground beef. Sauté until beef is browned.
- Add coleslaw mix, shredded carrots, and soy sauce or tamari. Sauté until cabbage and carrots are wilted, but not overdone. Stir in garlic, ginger and green onions. Taste mixture and adjust seasonings (for example, add more grated ginger if you’d like).
- Make creamy chili sauce by stirring together all ingredients. Serve Egg Roll in a Bowl with Creamy Chili Sauce on the side or drizzled over.
- Adjust spice level to your liking; add more chili sauce for a stronger kick.
- Cooking only for one or two? Cut the ingredients in half and make the meal even quicker.
- Use any protein you have on hand: Ground chicken or ground pork also work well.