INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — This treat is made with tasty but keto-friendly ingredients. It tastes like a chilled Andes Mint and is easy to make!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 ripe avocado
- 1 small handful spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons KETO:SWEET granulated sweetener, divided
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- About 1 cup of ice
- In a blender, add coconut milk, avocado, spinach, 1 1/2 tablespoons of KETO:SWEET, peppermint extract and protein powder, if using. Process on high until smooth. Add about 1/2 cup or more of ice, and blend again until really thick.
- Pour a little more than half of the mixture into a glass or jar. Then, add the cocoa powder, 1/2 tablespoon of sweetener and a little more ice to the rest of the smoothie in the blender. Blend again until smooth. Pour the chocolate layer on top of the mint layer.
- Drink with a straw and enjoy!
- Use regular mint extract in place of peppermint extract. Or, a drop of peppermint essential oil also works.
- For an extra-rich, higher fat smoothie, use canned coconut milk.
- Makes: about 12- 16 ounces Serving size: 1 smoothie
- Nutrient Analysis per serving: Calories: 160; Total Fat: 15 grams; Saturated Fat: 6 grams; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 5 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 12 grams; Dietary Fiber: 8 grams; Total Sugars: 0 grams; Protein: 3 gram
- Nutrient Analysis with protein powder: Calories: 290; Total Fat: 18 grams; Saturated Fat: 9 grams; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 125 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 19 grams; Dietary Fiber: 10 grams; Total Sugars: 0 grams; Protein: 32 grams