INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Annessa made some ooey, gooey chocolate chip cookies that she says are great for “Friday night therapy” — plus they’re keto-friendly!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Allulose sweetener or another keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup blanched, superfine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter one minute. Add sweetener and beat until fully incorporated (mixture will break apart into small chunks; this is normal).
- Beat in egg and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, xantham gum and salt. Add dry ingredients into the butter mixture in three batches, beating well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Freeze mixture for 30 minutes. Remove and roll cookie dough into balls about 1-1 1/2 tablespoons in size. Baking time will depend on the size of the cookie dough balls and the oven, but typically they take between 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!