INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Here is Annessa Chumbley’s recipe from Monday’s “All Indiana,” which airs at 4 p.m. weekdays on WISH-TV.
Lemon Shake Up No.1
- Fill a 16-24 ounce jar or glass with ice.
- Pour 1/3 cup of lemon syrup over the ice and squeeze one or two additional fresh lemons in.
- Place a lid on and give it a good shake.
- Fill with fresh water, and sip through a large straw!
Lemon Shake Up No.2
- Fill a 16-24 ounce jar or glass glass with ice.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of sugar in the bottom.
- Cut two lemons in half and squeeze as much juice in as possible; throw the squeezed lemons in the glass or jar as well.
- Fill with fresh water, put the lid on, and give the drink a good shake.
- Sip through a large straw and enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar zest
- Juice of 3 large lemons
- Place water and sugar in a small saucepan and heat to medium high.
- Stir continually until it boils. Reduce heat and simmer five minutes to let the syrup thicken.
- Remove from heat, and stir in zest and juice of three lemons.
- Let syrup set in the refrigerator to cool.
- Strain syrup and store in the refrigerator.