INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Looking for the perfect bite of fall?
If you’ve never had sweet potato pie, then you must start with Alexis’ aunt’s recipe.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 stick salted butter, salted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pie crust
- Boil potatoes until soft, then peel and mash. Add sugars, extracts and cinnamon. Taste to see if you need a little more cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Add milk, butter and eggs and whip really well. Pour into a prepared pie shell and bake at 350º for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until pie is firm.
- Remove and let cool. Slice and serve with whipped cream! Enjoy some love from Aunt Cherryl’s kitchen.