INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Here is a recipe perfect for party dipping!
Brussels Sprout Kabobs
15 fresh Brussels sprouts, cleaned and sliced in half lengthwise
2 chicken sausages
1 tablespoon olive oil
Juice and zest of a half of an orange
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Dipping Sauce (optional)
Juice of 1/2 orange
1/4 cup balsamic syrup (also called balsamic reduction or drizzle)
1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Soak mini skewers in water for 5 minutes. Carefully skewer a Brussel sprout half, then a slice of sausage, followed by another Brussel sprout half. Repeat for the rest of the 14 kabobs.
2. Place all kabobs on a baking sheet. Drizzle on olive oil, then sprinkle on orange zest, thyme, and kosher salt. Squeeze orange over the kabobs and toss them all on the baking sheet so they are evenly coated.
3. Arrange in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. While kabobs are baking, make sauce by stirring together all ingredients. Pour into a small serving bowl for dipping.
5. Remove Brussel Sprout Kabobs and serve with sauce!
- Sauce is stunning served in the peel of an orange. Just slice an orange in half, scoop out the pulp, and use the peel as a small bowl.
- Any flavor of sausage would be delicious in this recipe.
- You could also use leftover Brussel sprouts that have already been cooked. This would be an easy way to revamp them for a tasty snack! In this case, reduce the cooking time by 5 minutes.