INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Here’s a seasonal salad Annessa’s serving these days.
Candied Walnut, Bacon & Apple Salad
- 2 cups fresh spinach and/or red romaine
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 Lucy Glo apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 1 cup chopped Lucy Glo apple
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (such as maple syrup or monk fruit), optional
- To make candied walnuts, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roast walnuts in a single layer for 5-7 minutes. When they come out of the oven, immediately drizzle maple syrup on them with a pinch of salt. Let them cool while you build the rest of the bowl.
- In a lunch bowl, arrange spinach and top with bacon, cranberries, apple and feta.
- In a small blender, add all vinaigrette ingredients. Process until smooth. If vinaigrette is a little thick, add 2 tablespoons of water and blend again. Store in the refrigerator.
- Drizzle a few tablespoons on top of the Candied Walnut Salad and enjoy!