INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Here’s an easy, healthy, delicious weeknight meal that the whole family will love.
Fajita stuffed peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sweet onions, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs grass-fed ribeye steak, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked farro
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 bell peppers, sliced in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º. Spray bell peppers with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Place them in a baking dish and cook while you prepare the rest of the ingredients (about 15 minutes).
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add onions and mushrooms and sauté until the the onion is mostly golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add steak and salt, sautéing just until steak is cooked.
- Stir in farro and Worcestershire, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan as you stir.
- Remove peppers from oven and stuff with steak mixture, piling it up onto each bell pepper half. Top each with a slice of provolone cheese. Return to the oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Serve hot with Homemade Ranch on the side.
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove peeled garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients. Serve on the side with Fajita-Stuffed Bell Peppers. Store extra in the refrigerator and use within 1 week.