INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — This recipe for Fuji Apple Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette will be a refreshing addition to your meal line-up. This copy-cat recipe is pretty close to Panera’s original! It’s delicious and an easy spring dinner.
- 4-5 cups spring salad mix or romaine leafy blend
- 1 cup apple chips
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
1. Heat oven to 425º. Spread pecan on a baking sheet. Roast for 5-7 minutes, until they are golden-brown. Remove from oven and drizzle maple syrup over them, gently tossing them on the baking sheet with a fork to make sure each pecan gets covered in maple syrup. Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt.
2. Heat a skillet to medium high, and spray with cooking spray, or drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt on both sides of chicken breasts, and sear for 3-5 minutes each side, until chicken is fully cooked through. Remove, let cool, and gently slice.
3. Build salad by adding lettuce, then KORU® apple chips (or Annessa’s Apple Chips recipe), sliced chicken, glazed pecans, sliced red onion, and gorgonzola.
4. Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together and drizzle on salad. Enjoy immediately!