INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Add a Keto frosting, and enjoy!
Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
1-1/2 cups blanched, superfine almond flour
3/4 cup KETO:SWEET Granular Sweetener (such as erythritol)
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon refined coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line 12-count cupcake tin with silicone, foil, or paper cupcake liners. If using foil or paper liners, spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl whisk together dry ingredients: almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, xantham gum, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract and salt until well-blended.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients, and, using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir together until combined, about 30 strokes. Fold in melted coconut oil.
5. Divide batter evenly among the 12 cupcake cups, and bake 20 – 24 minutes. When they are finished, cupcakes will have a crackly appearance on top, and they will yield to gentle pressure when touched. Remove and let cool completely.
6. Add a Keto frosting, and enjoy!
- Xantham gum helps the cupcakes stay moist and chewy.
- Keto Chocolate Cupcakes store well in an air-tight container for two days.
Nutrient Analysis: (note: analysis is for cupcakes only)
Total Fat: 11 g.
Saturated Fat: 3 g.
Cholesterol: 50 mg.
Sodium: 160 mg.
Total Carbohydrate: 6 g.
Dietary Fiber: 2 g.
Net Carbs: 4 g.
Total Sugars: 1 g.
Protein: 5 g.