INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Are you looking for a low-carb sweet treat this summer? Look no further than Annessa’s Low-Carb Cherry Pie Crumble Bars!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener, plus more
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted and cooled to room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and sliced in quarters or halves
1. Preheat oven to 375º. In a small bowl, toss cherries, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch together. Set aside. Prepare an 8×8 inch pan by lining with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, 1/2 cup sweetener, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, melted butter and almond extract. Stir together until mixture is uniform.
3. Press all but 1/2 cup of the almond flour mixture into the square pan, pressing mixture down firmly and evenly. Pour cherries on top, and spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle the reserved amount of almond flour mixture on top of cherries. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon more of sweeter over everything.
4. Bake for 35-38 minutes, until edges are light brown, and top is lightly toasted as well. Remove and let cool 1 hour to set up. (Or, enjoy right away with Greek vanilla yogurt, ice cream, or coconut whipped cream!)