How to make Minestrone Soup from Beth Carlson
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — This delicious, comforting, homey recipe was given to us by Beth Carlson.
- Sauté 1 onion, 2 cloves garlic garlic, 3 ribs celery, 2 carrots and 2 parsnips.
- Add 1 tablespoon tomato paste to veggies and sauté another 5 minutes.
- Add the following: a 15-ounce can of diced tomatoes, 2 large boxes of chicken broth, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, a few dashes seasoning, salt, pepper, 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe’s and a parmesan cheese rind.
- Add a 1/4 cup dried farro, and 1 1/2 cans cannelini beans that have been rinsed.
- The other half can of beans gets pureed in a blender with a can of water and then added to the soup.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Finish with a lot of parmesan cheese shavings and fresh parsley.