INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Here is a delicious little treat perfect for little hands to make for mom.
Strawberry Minichurros with Chocolate-Avocado Sauce
10 slices whole grain, chewy bread
2/3 cup mascarpone or cream cheese
2 tablespoon raw, local honey
8 large ripe strawberries, diced finely
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons raw sugar
1 creamy ripe avocado
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/16 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat your oven to 375º. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
2. Using a rolling pin, carefully roll out each slice of bread until it is flattened. Then, slice off the crusts so you have a perfect rectangle.
3. Mix together mascarpone cheese and honey in a small bowl. Spread 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on each slice of flattened bread. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon or a little more diced strawberries in a center line down the middle of each slice (like you would a burrito). Roll up each churro tightly. Spray each generously with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Sprinkle raw sugar onto a plate and mix with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Roll each churro into cinnamon-sugar mixture, and place seam-side-down onto the baking sheet. Repeat for the rest of the churros. Bake for about 13 minutes.
5. To make frosting, add all ingredients to a small food processor. Blend until creamy. Mixture should have a smooth, creamy texture and not be overly thick. If you want to thin it out to make a drizzle, pour in 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil and blend again.
6. Serve minichurros with chocolate sauce.